- Carry out research on market opportunities to inform product development, market expansion, and diversification, in both domestic and export markets.
- Capacity building of stakeholders; farmers, exporters, and County officials to encourage processing of horticultural crops.
- Collect, analyze, validate, and disseminate horticultural export data in collaboration with stakeholders such as the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, and Kenya Revenue Authority among others.
- Disseminate marketing information.
- Monitor market prices of export and local produce, for advisory purposes.
- Coordinate, organize, and participate in local and international shows, trade fairs and exhibitions to promote horticultural products.
- Provide stakeholders with Sector information, for example, monthly updates to the Central Bank of Kenya.